Store Customers Privacy Statement
This privacy notice is for retail customers who shop directly in our store. For web site customers, the privacy notice can be found here
Who are we?
We are R Yates and Sons Limited, an English company. Our registered address is Railway Street, Malton, North Yorkshire, YO17 7NR.
How do we use your data?
When you have a Yates’ account with us, for example because you have purchased from us, we collect your name, email address, phone number and postal address.
We need to collect and handle your personal information in this way to monitor the sales and payments on your account and the balance owed by you.
Where we Store your Data
We may store and transfer personal information within the UK. We store data in such a way where it is necessary to fulfil your requests and requirements in respect of our products and services.
How long do we retain your data for?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any accounting or legal requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for the personal information we hold, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal information, the risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the reasons why we handle your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means and the applicable legal requirements.
What is your right to object under data protection laws?
You have the right to object to us handling your personal information when:
We are handling your personal information based on our legitimate interests (as described in the “How do we use your data” section above). If you ask us to stop handling your personal information in this way, we will stop unless we can show you that we have compelling grounds as to why our use of your personal information should continue.
What are your other rights under data protection laws?
You have various rights under the data protection laws, which you can exercise by contacting us. The way to do this is by email at email@example.com.
- Right of access
You are entitled to receive confirmation as to whether your personal information is being processed by us, as well as various other information relating to our use of your personal information. You also have the right to access your personal information which we are handling.
- Right to rectification
You have the right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
- Right to restriction
You can restrict our processing of your personal information where:
- You think we hold inaccurate personal information about you; or
- Where we are handling your personal information because we have a legitimate interest (as described in the “How do we use your data” section above) and are in the process of objecting to this use of your personal information.
- Right to data portability
You have the right to receive the personal information we hold about you in a structured, standard machine-readable format and to send this to another organization controlling your personal information.
- Right to erasure
You have the right to require us to erase your personal information and will do so in the following circumstances:
- Where we no longer need to use your personal information for the reasons we told you we collected it for;
- Where we needed your consent to use your personal information and you have withdrawn your consent;
- When you object to our use of your personal information and we have no compelling reason to carry on handling your personal information;
- If our handling of your personal information has broken the law;
- When we must erase your personal information to comply with a law we are subject to.
- Right to Complain
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office, the supervisory authority for data protection issues in England and Wales
How do you contact us with feedback?